If you've had a opportunity to read the agenda for tomorrow's meeting, you may have noticed 3 bills that reference the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act Federal Aid Program Agreement also known as the 2009 Stimulus Act. These bills, if passed, will
AUTHORIZE THE CITY ADMINISTRATOR OF THE CITY OF OZARK, MISSOURI, TO EXECUTE AN AMERICAN RECOVERY AND REINVESTMENT ACT FEDERAL AID PROGRAM AGREEMENT WITH THE MISSOURI HIGHWAY AND THE TRANSPORTATION COMMISSION AND MAKE SUCH BUDGET AMENDMENTS AS MAY BE NECESSARY.
The bills further read that it authorizes the following:
1. The Board of Alderman authorized Steve Childers, City Administrator to execute on behalf of the City of Ozark, Missouri, the Missouri Highway and Transportation Commission American Recovery and Reinvestment Act Federal Aid Program Agreement, marked Exhibit "A" and incorporated herein by reference.
2. The City Treasurer is directed to make such Budget adjustments as may be necessary to accommodate the aforesaid Agreement.
The 3 projects are as follows:
1. Completion of a sidewalk that will be located on Hwy 14 from the OC to the intersection of NN and 14 on the south side of the street. $97,000.
2. A transportation study to do preliminary scoping of transportation projects. $40,000.
3. Analysis of existing and projected traffic in order to develop an efficient traffic plan. This will be done on 3rd St. $30,000.
My questions to you are:
A. Do you believe in the Federal Government's spending of tax dollars through the Stimulus Act?
B. Do you feel Ozark should ask for Stimulus funds and, if so, do you believe these projects are good candidates?
If you have a strong opinion either way, tomorrow's council meeting is where you need to be. The only time the public is allowed to speak on a bill is when it is in its fist reading. I will hold my opinion until after the meeting.
On a side note, the PlazaCorp offer resolution will be removed from the agenda again and will be discussed in a special meeting on the 8th at 5:30.