Friday, June 26, 2009

Your Input: Future of Ozark's Historic Community Building

Howdy!

The NewsLeader did a piece on Ozark's Historic Community Building today.

What are your thoughts on the Historic Community Building? A lot of groups are interested in it. Some want to protect the historical architecture, to others it holds sentimental value, and some would like to see it torn down and replaced with a modern building that could take advantage of it's prime location. It is an intersting topic, and I can honestly say I don't yet have an opinion on it yet.

My question to you: What do you think should happen to the Historic Community Building and why?

REMINDER: Community Breakfast is tomorrow morning at the Village Inn from 8 to 10. If you have any ideas for good legislation, bring them with you tomorrow. I would love to hear them.

1 comment:

  1. Melissa...
    This is a great idea! Thank you so much for doing this and being an active member of city council. I have difficulty being at any meetings on Mondays, but would still like to be involved on some level. Are there committees that still need people to serve? I recently called city hall to discuss our mosquito problem in Turnberry. My son was out mowing over the weekend, and was eaten up by mosquitoes. I was passed around to several people, then given to Larry Martin's voice mail. I was told that it wasn't a city issue. If you know of an avenue I can take, please advise. Went to the OC today, and was very impressed! Makes me glad to be an Ozark citizen. Also went to the farmer's market tonight, and it was awesome! There is so much potential for Ozark, Missouri! Keep up the good work. Oh, I have a plug...I hope people remember to shop local. We have some pretty cool shops on the square.

    ReplyDelete